Saturday, July 11, 2009

Southwest Style Bead Soup


When I originally started making this type necklace I called it Bead Soup because I made it from beads that were left over. It was a good way to clean out the bead box.

This necklace was made for a friend who had purchased a Bead Soup necklace only to have to stolen from her checked luggage at the airport. She requested a replacement so I set about making odd beads in order to create bead soup! It was more difficult than I had thought because I was purposely trying to make a different bead each time! I rather like the end results and I think I may have enough "left over" beads to make another necklace.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Gwen, it's so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andee! The lady who ordered it really liked it and so did her husband. That's always a relief on a custom piece.

    ReplyDelete