Friday, February 13, 2009

I Think I Have My Holidays Mixed Up!!


What's this? Skulls and bones for Valentine's Day??? Really they are not for Valentine Day but rather for a sock exchange I'm doing. The idea is to purchase socks and then make beads that match them and then exchange them with other folks who have done the same. Anyway, I found this cute little pair of slipper sox that had a skull on them. Now I don't do skulls, but thought at least they were different so in the bag they went. This is my first, and most likely last, try at making skulls and bones! Wish I could have figured out how to get those hot pink stars in my skulls eyes! Wish I could figure out how to find a rod of "hot pink" glass.

I had such a hard time finding socks that were not all full of hearts! Guess it's that time of year. I had just finished a Valentine Heart exchange so really didn't want to do more hearts. Maybe I'll start buying socks each month so I have a better selection for next year's exchange. Somehow all the socks I got home with are pink! Pink is not a good torch color. (heavy sigh)

Note to self: start looking for socks that are red or green or yellow or blue. Maybe with fish or shells or flowers on them.

1 comment:

  1. Gwen, If you find it I want some of that hot pink glass, too. :D Your skulls and bones are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete