Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back To The Torch


A few days ago I decided to try making vessels again. I had not made them in about a year. Not sure why, just had other things to make. I had worked with CIM Ghee when I made the frames I showed a few days ago and really liked how it worked in the flame so decided that would be my color for the first vessel. Then I decided the body of the vessel needed to be wrapped in some silvered ivory shards and I really like the look that gave the vessel. I think it looks like something you might find in Cleopatra's Tomb and I think she kept scented oil in it. I think I'll make a bead in the green and put a leather cord through the handle so one could attach the vessel to a purse or a belt loop.

Now I need to find more corks this size so I can make more vessels that have a secure top.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Gwen! Your vessel is beautiful!! Fabulous job!! :) Hope you make lots more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, Beautiful vessel, and i love the one you posted in the S&T thread, too. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful vessel. You did a nice job on the handles - I find them to be quite the pain to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I so appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete