Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cat of A Different Color


May I introduce you to Tex. This cat is a bit different. He is all decked out in Southwest colors and carries his favorite things with him. I don't think he would ever sleep in the flowerpot and destroy the poor plants. Tex is much happier swinging around someones neck and being admired.

This Southwest Cat is going to the hostess of a glass bead exchange I joined. The title is Raining Cats and Dogs. The idea is, all the participants make their interpretation of dogs and cats out of glass. Then we send them off to the hostess and she sorts them out and makes sure everyone gets beads from the other participants. Typically everyone in the exchange sends the hostess a little extra something in appreciation of all the hard work they do to make the exchange a success. I thought Tex might fill the bill for a hostess gift and wired him up as a pendant. Then he had to have a little mouse, a fish and a little bird to travel along with him. So I made those beads and added them as dangles. I think he turned out pretty good and I hope the hostess enjoys him.

I enjoy making animal beads although I don't do them very often anymore. I must tell you that my favorite animal bead maker is Paula from Island Top Designs. She makes the cutest animal beads and will even make a glass image of your dog from a photo you supply. Check out her blog and check out the two dogs that share her life!

4 comments: