Friday, May 29, 2009

Abstract In Glass


I really like abstract art and don't know why I don't try more of it on glass. I think I need to find a book that would give me lots of inspiration. If anyone has a suggestion on a really good abstract art book please let me know.

I do like the way this piece came out. I made the focal first and really liked it. At that point I decided it needed a matching bail. So off to the torch to create the beaded bail. All is going well until it comes to actually making that little loop and that's when the tension kicks in. How can something so small give one such trouble. I finally got it done and popped it into the kiln. Surprise of all surprises, it stayed together. No cracks and nothing popped off.

My next decision was to wire it all together so it is ready to put on a chain or leather cord and be worn. Out comes the wire and the hammer and I finally ended up with the piece you see here.

My next decision will be whether or not I really want to part with it. Do I keep it for myself or do I put it in my Etsy store? I rarely have a problem with whether or not to sell something. Usually I create things with selling in mind. I really hate it when I am stuck with making these decisions!

1 comment:

  1. i vote you keep it to wear for a while, and then sell it. it is quite lovely. i loved it the first time i saw it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete