Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ocean at Nightfall


The Kiln Goddess was good to me the last couple of days. I am particularly pleased with this set of beads because purple is a hard color to deal with in the heat of the flame. Some colors just don't play nice so when you get a good reaction you feel particularly blessed.

Now comes the naming part and sometimes I'm just not very good at that. I could see sky and maybe land but just couldn't get a name that sounded right. I was about to give up and just go with something like purple and green. Then along came Stacy. A really talented lady I met on FaceBook. She took one look and said "I see the ocean at nightfall". So there you have it, The Ocean At Nightfall. Check out my listing at www.valleycreekstudio.etsy.com

Did I mention that Stacy is a really talented jewelry designer? Well she is just that. Check out her website to see exactly what I mean. Here is the link to make it easy for you: www.ajdbystacy.com There is some really stunning work to gaze at.

Now that the Kiln Goddess is waving her magic over my kiln I'm hoping she will bring the Rain Goddess for a visit. At the moment all we have is the Dust Devil. Such is summer in Central West Texas. On a good note, we did have a "cool front" come in. It lowered the temps down to around 96F but that beats the heck out of 108F!

No comments:

Post a Comment