Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spider Web????


Does this look like a spider web to you? I really hadn't intended it to be. I was just having fun making these disk beads and ruffling the edges. I had the idea that the black and clear would look somewhat classic but after I took pictures all I could see was a spider web. Perhaps it's the perfect thing for Halloween or maybe the goth look. I rather like it myself.

Finding a way to use this type bead has been a bit of a challenge for most of us. I have seen lots of ideas from other glass workers. I like them simply strung on the wonderful hand dyed silk strings that I purchased from Jamn Glass. She has some wonderful colors of both strings and ribbons and they are so soft. Check out her website here http://www.Jamnglass.com Not only does she make beautiful dyed silk ribbons but she is a great glass artist as well. You can find her on Etsy as well, www.jamnglass.etsy.com

Making earrings from these disks is another challenge but I think I solved my problem by using a variation of a method I have used to make rings.

All in all I was pleased with these and went on to make several different colors and styles. To see more just follow the link to my Etsy shop. Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment