Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Beginning - January 15, 2009



It is a new year and a new beginning for me. I haven't had a blog before but thought it might be time to start one. All my friends have one so why not me?

I want to be able to share photos of my creations and photos of my part of the world here on Valley Creek. Yep, there really is a Valley Creek and it runs through the western edge of our little ranch. We have all sorts of "critters" visit us and sometimes they let me take their picture. When I'm not watching the wildlife I spend time in my little studio creating treasures. Most days I work in the flame of a torch creating one of a kind glass beads. Other days I may take up my little hammer and beat some things out of different metals. Then the urge may hit to put all of it together in a piece of jewelry. Some of my creations are even for sale in my Etsy store.

Travel along with me as I learn the blogging thing and perhaps I'll get better at it as we go along.

Just to get us started I have posted a photo of a shell that was recently born in the flame of my torch.

4 comments:

  1. welcome to blog land! Your shell is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, Your shell is beautiful. Welcome to BlogSpot. I love the interface. It makes it so easy to fix boo-boos,and upload photos. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, gorgeous shell and it's so nice to "see" you here in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world, Gwen! :) Love your shell!

    ReplyDelete