Monday, January 19, 2009

How Do You Like My Focal Bead?


I really liked this focal when it came out of the kiln so I kept it. It laid on my jewelry bench for a long time while it made up it's mind what it wanted to be. One day I picked up a package of garnets my niece brought me from Africa and it hit me that they were a perfect match for the focal. Silver really didn't work with it but I liked how the copper pieces played with the garnets and the colors in the focal. I think I'm really going to enjoy this necklace. If you want to make one yourself check out my Etsy Store. There is a similar focal waiting for you there.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Gwen, and it works soooo well with the garnet and copper!

    Btw - you've got an award. Details on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous necklace!!! I love the combination of garnets, lampwork and copper. Just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete