Friday, January 30, 2009

It's Friday


Being retired and one day of the week being much like another I'm not sure why I chose that title! That being said, I think I'm ready for a new week to begin. This one has been a bit off kilter for me. I seem to be running about one step behind and can't seem to remember all I need to remember.

One good thing about the week is the shell posted in the picture. It's the first time I have ever made a black shell but I like the way it turned out. Another good thing about the week is that my friend Angela gifted me with some beautiful Bulls Eye glass to play with! I hope I can fire up the torch tomorrow and that the fire goddess is good to me! Maybe some of Angela's talent was included in that box of glass. Look for her at www.BlueLagoonBeads.etsy.com.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, that is one gorgeous shell!!! Nice job on the rings, too. I have to find one of those honking huge mandrels. Of course I probably need the kiln first to make sure they stay together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love this shell! Shells are addictive and so much fun to make. This one will be a beautiful pendant for someone. And thanks so much for the link to my Etsy shop and your kind words. Wish I had your way with glass!

    ReplyDelete