Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rings, Rings, Rings


Boy do these beads have BIG holes! I made them on a mandrel that makes a size 5 ring. I have to say they were a bit of a challenge as the balance of the mandrel is really weird. That being said, I really like the way these turned out. I called them Ancient Treasures on my Etsy listing as they remind me of something that might be found at some of the historic digs. Not sure why but, they do. I must admit that I kept a few and made myself a necklace!

I haven't gotten to torch in a couple of days because we have had ICE! Brrrrrrr. It has been really cold and it just takes so long to get my little studio warmed up so the beads don't crack as soon as I take them out of the flame! Flying hot glass is not a good thing. Did I ever tell you the story about setting my pants on fire? Well, that might be something better left for another day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the rings, Gwen, especially the ivory one. I can sooo see that one in a necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cool!!! What do you do about the inside? as in how do you make ugly inside parts pretty??? They look all polished up!

    ReplyDelete