Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two For One


Here it is Sunday evening already and I just can't believe it! The weekend is over but then all seven days of the week are a weekend for me since I no longer have a corporate job.

I didn't post yesterday but I spoke to the Blog Goddess and she said it was alright to post two days in one! So today you get a "twofer".

Saturday was such a fun day for me. I had a play date! Play dates are not just for children you know. I actually met someone in my country area who knows what lampwork is and she wanted to learn! How fun is that!!! Her name is Debbie and she fuses glass. Oh my does she make some beautiful things. She has an entire container full of beautiful dicro cabs just calling out to be jewelry. I could just run my fingers through those pretty colors all day. And she has some picture frames all layed out for the Harley Davidson crew. Some beautiful plates and a piece for one of the rural Post Offices. Oh my, I love beautiful glass. Debbie is going to share her fusing skills with me and I'll try to give her a few pointers on making glass beads in the flame of a torch. This is going to be a fun journey with a wonderful new friend. Can't get much better than that!

Sunday was a nice day. We had a good attendance at our little country church and that's a good thing. A good attendance is around 15 or 20 folks. Many in the congregation are elderly and you always worry when they don't "show up" on Sunday. After our Sunday lunch we went for a nice walk down to our part of Valley Creek. It's still flowing rather well and has some nice, deep pools even though we have not had any rain in a very long time. We frightened some ducks and they went flying away and honking their displeasure at being disturbed. We saw our usual flocks of turkey in the fields and an armadillo searching for bugs around the base of the fence posts. Instead of showing my beads or jewelry today I thought I would show you the armadillo. Funny little prehistoric creatures but I think they are rather cute. Maybe some day I'll see if I can capture his image in glass.

I have a few things to put in my Etsy store so need to do that next. Tomorrow I'll be back on the torch again and hoping some wonderful things develop.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the armadillo photo here. I love him / her so much!!! What fun to have them outside your home. :D

    ReplyDelete